Previously, Professor of Physics,
Université Paris-Sud, Orsay
I was Research Vice-President of the
at Orsay for 3.5 years.
I am now a Directeur de Recherche at INRA, see
the corresponding web page.
My research at present focuses on biosciences, modeling,
algorithmic methods and systems biology.
- email: in anti spam format: olivier a-dot-here martin (at sign)
u-psud a-dot-there fr
Office at the UGV:
UMR de Génétique Végétale, 91190
Tel: 33 (0)1 69332336; FAX: 33 (0)1 69332330
- Office at the LPTMS: LPTMS,
bat 100., F-91405 Orsay, France
- Phone: 33 (0)1 69157324; FAX: 33 (0)1 69156525
- Finding your way to my office: the building (number 100) is 4 minutes from
the RER station
"Orsay Ville", and my office number is 232. (See also some
- I am co-in-charge of the
Master Physique et Systèmes Biologiques
in which I also teach a modeling course.
- I teach with
and R. Mastrippolito a class "Physics of Biological Systems" in third year
- I teach part of a class on biological networks in the
- I taught a class on Programming in C at the Master M1 level.
- I taught a class on Numerical Analysis at the Master M1 level.
- I taught a class on statistical physics at the Master M2 level.
- I taught a modeling course in the M2
Champs, Particules, Matières.
- I taught for 3 years a course on finite size effects in phase transitions (an option
of the Ecole Doctorale
Constituants Elémentaires <-> Systèmes Complexes.)
- I taught the option "Champs et Fluides" and helped set up the option
"Complexity of collective physical phenomena",
an M1 option of
the Magistère de Physique
- I taught first year Pre-Meds (PCEM = Premier Cycle
d'Etudes Medicales) many years.
- I finished my term on the Editorial Board of the
physics teachers in higher education journal
European Journal of Physics.
Publications by theme:
Activities associated with research:
Some past Ph.D. students and postdocs :
Jérôme HOUDAYER -> Chargé de Recherche, IPhT, Saclay
-> Maitre de Conférences, ESPCI, Paris
Andrea PAGNANI -> Research Scientist, HGF, Torino.
Allon PERCUS -> Professor,
Stefano CILIBERTI -> Group leader, Capital Fund Management, Paris
-> Chargé de Recherche, LIP, Grenoble
Munetaka SASAKI -> Assistant Professor, Tohoku University, Japan
Sumedha SUMEDHA -> Assistant Professor, Niser, India
Year of Physics
2005 was the
one hundred'th anniversary
of three fabulous discoveries by Einstein. You can celebrate and
entertain your friends by doing
experiments without any fancy equipment (there are also demo films).
LPTMS Home Page
UMR Génétique Végétale Home Page
in anti spam format: olivier a-dot-here martin (at sign)
u-psud a-dot-there fr