Quantum journal club
Seminar room, (each 2 weeks) on Mondays @ 11:00am to 12:00am.
- 1 Monday July 9th by Bradraj Pandey
- 2 Monday June 18th by Maurizio Fagotti
- 3 Monday June 4th : Quantum mechanics in multi-connected space and the origin of new statistics in low dimensional system by Raoul santachiara
- 4 03/26/18 Supersolids: a short overview by Giovanni Martone
- 5 03/12/18 Dynamical Quantum phase transition by Guillaume Roux
Monday July 9th by Bradraj Pandey
Monday June 18th by Maurizio Fagotti
Monday June 4th : Quantum mechanics in multi-connected space and the origin of new statistics in low dimensional system by Raoul santachiara
We recall how to define the problem of N indinstinguishible quantum particles and argue that the topology of the configuration space plays a crucial role. This observation, that has been put on solid grounds by Leinaas and Mirheim in the 1977, has provided the theoretical framework for the existence of anyonic statistics in two dimensions. Moreover, it inspired the connection between the Conformal field theory and topological phases in two dimensions: via this connection, the occurence of non-Abelian anyons in the fractional quantum Hall effect has been suggested.
03/26/18 Supersolids: a short overview by Giovanni Martone
References: " Colloquium: Supersolids: What and where are they"by M. Boninsegni and N. V. Prokof'ev, " , "Quantum Tricriticality and Phase Transitions in Spin-Orbit Coupled Bose-Einstein Condensates" by Y. Li, L. P. Pitaevskii, and S. Stringari and "A stripe phase with supersolid properties in spin-orbit-coupled Bose-Einstein condensates" by J. Li, J. Lee, W. Huang, S. Burchesky, B. Shteynas, F. Ç. Top, A. O. Jamison, and W. Ketterle