The Laboratory for Theoretical Physics and Material Physics is organizing a First Winter School on Quantum Gases, in Algiers, Algeria, from 21 to 31 January 2012.
The field of quantum gases has attracted a great number of physicists in the recent years.
The aim of this School is to provide an overview of the latest theoretical and experimental developments in the domain of quantum gases.
The course is intended for Masters and PhD students from all countries which are members of the United Nations. Young post-docs entering the field are also invited to apply.
The program is organized along the following main courses and topics: trapped Bose-Einstein condensates, superfluidity, few-body physics, low-dimensional quantum gases, atoms and molecules in optical lattices, dipolar gases, quantum information and Solitons in BEC. To complement the main lectures and discuss the latest theoretical and experimental results in the domain, colloquia and seminars will be proposed.
- Mohamed BENAROUS (LPTPM, Hassiba Benbouali University, Chlef, Algeria)
- Abdelaali BOUDJEMAA (LPTPM, Hassiba Benbouali University, Chlef, Algeria)
- Georgy SHLYAPNIKOV (LPTMS, CNRS, Université Paris-Sud, Orsay, France)
- William PHILLIPS (NIST-JQI Gaithersburg, USA)
- Claude COHEN-TANNOUDJI (ENS, Paris)